This activity is designed for physicians, pharmacists, podiatrists, and nurses who are involved in the management of patients with wounds.
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the changes in insulin/glucose regulation in diabetic patients
- Explain the neuropathic and vascular changes that may contribute to the formation of foot ulcers in the diabetic patient
- Discuss important physical, neurological, and vascular assessment tests commonly used in the assessment of diabetic foot ulcers
- Identify and describe distinguishing characteristics of foot ulcers in the diabetic patient
- Compare and contrast several systems used to classify diabetic foot ulcers